A muck away service is a method that is used in order to remove large quantities of inert waste. It is often used for the physical removal of spoil from building and construction sites as well as residential renovation projects and can also be referred to as spoil away or cartaway.
The muck away service is often used in the primary phase of a construction project in which large quantities of topsoil and vegetation has to be removed. This is also the case when a building has been demolished, any waste materials such as bricks, metals, concrete, rubble, broken asphalt and other such items, will all have to be removed before any sort of ground works can take place.
How Is Muck Away Waste Classified?
When it comes to categorising muck away waste there are three major categories, inert, non – hazardous and hazardous.
- Inert Muck Away Waste – This is waste that has not undergone any biological chemical or physical changes. Hardcore, subsoil, brick and concrete are all examples of inert muck away waste.
- Non-Hazardous Much Away Waste – There are many waste products that fall under this category. These waste items are considered to not have a detrimental effect on humans or the environment.
- Hazardous Muck Away Waste – This is waste items that are considered unsafe for both humans and the environment, an example of hazardous waste would be the waste produced from a petrol station demolition.
- Other – This is waste that is that is removed from site clearings such as farmyard cuttings, mud and leaves.
How Does Muck Away Waste Get Collected?
Concrete Waste – Concrete needs to be broken down into smaller more manageable pieces before collection and this is often done using a pneumatic drill. Once this is done a grab hire or muck away collector will come and remove the waste.
Top Soil – Projects that involve excavation or earthworks often result in in a large amount of soil waste. A grab hire or muck away collection can easily deal with any topsoil waste.
Construction Waste – In most construction projects a lot of inert waste is accumulated. Any bricks and stones can be collected as they are. However, cement and concrete waste will need to be broken down into smaller chunks to allow them to be removed safely from the site. Again, this kind of waste removal will be easy work for a grab hire.
Why Use Grab Lorries For Muck Away Waste?
Grab lorries have long hydraulic powered grab arms, this allows them to clear away vast quantities of waste, particularly in hard to reach areas. Aside from collecting muck away waste grab lorries are also sought out to source construction materials as well.
How To Choose The Right Muck Away Service?
A good muck away service provider must:
- Provider a faster and cheaper alternative to skip hire
- Have a good reputation
- Be suitable for highway, commercial, construction work and large domestic projects.
- Have experienced grab lorry drivers
- Handle up to 18 tonnes of load
- Have access to a lorry or crane that can reach over walls, fences and other such obstructions.
- Be able to remove hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Provide cost effective solutions for waste removal.
- Be an affordable and professional service.
- Work quickly and efficiently to finish the task at hand.